3 Ways to Use Golf Carts In Your South Carolina Wedding PhotosApril 26, 2017
Having Trouble With Your Golf Cart Clutch?May 11, 2017
Mother’s Day is nearly here — only a few days remain to put together the perfect gift for the wonderful mother in your life.
We decided to dedicate this week’s blog to helping out our friends who still aren’t sure just what to buy because nothing has seemed “just right”.
Discover five great gift ideas she’s sure to love, plus a bonus at the end.
For the Mom Who Loves to Keep Things Local
Is the mother in your life the type to want to spend her money at locally owned businesses? Are you wondering what to grab for her? We have ideas for all three of our South Carolina locations:
- Located on Devine St. in Columbia, non(e)such offers beautiful home decor, tabletop pieces, jewelry, and other items handpicked by the store’s owners who live right in Columbia. Our favorite pick for the Columbia family searching for something just right? A simple and sweet Vega pendant necklace that will go with just about anything.
- Enjoying life near the beach in Charleston and trying to keep your Mother’s Day dollars local? Take mom out for a beautiful meal on the waterfront at Bowen’s Island, a longtime local favorite that keeps things casual. You’ll want to get there early, but it’s worth lingering over dinner to catch the sunset views.
- Picking up a gift in Greenville? Visit M. Judson Books! One of downtown’s newest must-sees, M. Judson doesn’t just sell locally-focused books, home goods, and other sundries, they also have a sweet surprise inside! The Chocolate Moose Bakery & Cafe, located just inside M. Judson, sells cupcakes, parfaits, and other sweet treats (and their coffee, a local brew, is excellent as well!)
For the Mom Who’s Always Got Her Nose in a Book
If you’re buying for a mom who’s a bit of a bookworm, take a look at what’s in her most recent stack of reads. Is she poring over heavy nonfiction, or is she keeping things light with beach-friendly reads? Once you’ve got an idea of what’s capturing her interest these days, you might consider one of these recently-published picks:
- All Over the Place: Adventures in Travel, True Love, and Petty Theft by Geraldine DeRuiter is the perfect pick for anyone who’s looking for a breezy read she’ll turn to again and again. DeRuiter’s tales about travel, food, her true love, and brain tumors (although not in that order) will keep her laughing for weeks to come.
- It’s Okay About It: Lessons from a Remarkable Five-Year-Old About Living Life Wide Open was written by Lauren Casper, and it’s about the life lessons we get from the ones we least expect. In Casper’s case, it’s her five-year-old son. Full of stories that will warm her heart, It’s Okay About It brims with joy and rings with truth.
- Beartown: A Novel, by Fredrik Backman, is a story about a small town pinning all its hopes on a single dream and the violent tragedy that everyone must reckon with. An immersive story, this book is perfect for the mom who loves to lose herself in a good story.
For the Mom Who Loves the Great Outdoors
Are you stumped for ideas that will work for the mom more interested in outdoor experiences than specific gifts? Plan a day trip to her favorite place, complete with a picnic!
One option is to grab a cup of coffee at Bee Well Honey & Natural Foods in Pickens, SC, and then head to Table Rock State Park for a hike. Even if you don’t make it to the very top of the mountain, you can still find satisfaction in getting out and doing somthing active with mom.
At lunchtime, break for a picnic by the lake. She’ll love a day out where she didn’t have to do anything but enjoy herself!
For the Mom Who Could Give Martha Stewart a Run For Her Money
If you’re buying for someone whose ideal Mother’s Day is one spent whipping up an amazing new recipe from scratch, why not design your Mother’s Day gift to suit? Pick up a copy of The Baker’s Appendix: The Essential Kitchen Companion, with Deliciously Dependable, Infinitely Adaptable Recipes and then head over to the Freckled Hen Farmhouse (recently featured in Good Housekeeping!) and grab a few special items to add to her kitchen collection.
for the Mom Who Really is Impossible for Buy For
If you really can’t come up with a single thing for the special mom in your life, breathe life into the old gift-card-inside-a-greeting-card choice by grabbing one of Emily McDowell’s amazing greeting card designs!
McDowell has greeting cards for the times you’re trying to say something sweet as well as when you’re more interested in making her laugh. She even has perfect options if you’re buying for someone who impacted you by acting as a mother figure in your life.
Check out her Mother’s Day section for greeting cards and special gifts like tote bags, “everyday bravery” pins (our personal favorite for a mom who’s had a hard year or two), coffee mugs, journals, and more.
And for the Mom Who Loves Her Golf Cart…
Head on over to Go With Garrett’s Golf Cars and Specialty Vehicles! We’d be happy to help you pick out the perfect golf cart gift for the special mom in your life, whether it’s a cooler to keep her drinks cold in the summer heat, speakers that will let her blast her favorite music while she’s out in her Bad Boy Off Road ATV, a lift kit to help her get better traction when she takes her cart off the beaten path, or just about any customization you can imagine. We’re happy to help put the perfect gift together!
Give us a call at (864) 862 7709 for Greenville, (803) 407 2687 for Columbia, (843) 881 8894 for Charleston, or contact us online for more information!